Anyone that has visited Vida Lotus headquarters in Limon, Panama, has certainly enjoyed hearing this track. It’s the all time favourite musical piece of our founder. It was composed and performed by our founder’s dear friend, the late great Chris Bendo on his solo album, Bonzz. This heavenly melody comes in right at the most relaxing part of our healing sessions, helping our patients to feel the divine love that makes such blissful harmonies possible.
In the short videos below, you can see how to stop a migraine attack in 5-10 minutes without tools or medication. The first video has voice over instructions. Watch it first. The second video is useful if you’d like to watch the techniques while listening to soft music only, with no instructions.
Soft music version:
About the Ducharme Method
This technique was designed to eliminate the pain of a migraine, but it also works on regular headaches, neck pain, shoulder pain and back pain, as well as insomnia and other mental and emotional issues such as stress and anxiety.
How to Help someone Get Fast Relief from Migraine
Watch the video entirely and read these instructions before beginning.
Some migraines may have a serious underlying cause like a brain tumor that would require qualified medical attention. Thankfully, most migraines result from a buildup of stress and can therefore be alleviated quickly in the majority of cases with the Ducharme Method.
Start at half the speed and half of the amplitude of the movements seen in the video because it is likely that your patient is less responsive, less wiggly than our volunteer.
The speed and amplitude of movements in the Ducharme Method is always determined by the current state of the patient’s body. If you do not correctly match the speed of the patient, then you will be shaking your patient, and this is incorrect and harmful.
The volunteer in the video is demonstrating the way that a healthy human body generally responds to a gentle, rhythmic, wave-like motion. If your patient becomes this responsive during your treatment, it means that the treatment is working… check in with your patient. Most likely she will inform you that her pain is gone or significantly reduced. In this last case simply repeat the five techniques another time and confirm that the pain level has fallen to zero.
To find the precise speed of your patient: Go directly behind your patient and gently move their spine by 3cm to either side and release, closely observing the speed at which the body springs back to center, if it does so at all. Copy that speed and rhythm and continue gently guiding the patient back and forth like a wavy pendulum, increasing the amplitude only ever-so-slightly little by little. With healing, always err on the side of softer, gentler, slower movements. Hard and fast is for self-defense, not healing.
For less flexible patients: If your patient is not flexible enough to sit comfortably in the half-lotus position shown, it is perfectly acceptable to have them sit with their feet on the floor. If there is sufficient flexibility to sit in half-lotus, this option provides a more stable base for the inverted-pendulum-like movements.
If no helper is available: The great thing about this system is that you can get help from just about anyone. Even with no experience, I have seen dozens of people use these exact methods to eliminate a migraine attack from a stranger on their first attempt. But if you are suffering a migraine and you cannot find anyone to help you with these moves, there is still hope. You can copy the moves of the seated person and try to achieve a similar results on your own. Remember to start at half the speed. It must feel natural and unforced at all times. Technique #5 is impossible to do on your own, so you will need to substitute another technique for gently stretching the neck, such as laying back on a gym ball and allowing gravity to do its work while you are completely relaxed.
Summary of Protocol:
- Ask the patient to rate her pain from 1-10. A full-blown migraine attack will usually be a ten (although the patient may say eleven, twelve or fifteen… the suffering is real).
- Have the patient sit comfortably on a flat surface such as a bench, a bed or the floor. A cushion may be necessary for half-lotus, or have the person sit with their feet on the floor. If the only option is a chair, consider having the person sit on it backwards so the patient’s back will be accessible.
- Move directly behind the patient. Check the speed of the patient, by moving them 3cm to either side. Copy the speed of the return to center.
- Spend about one minute on each of the five techniques. Note that #3 has two directions, and #4 has two parts: fast-mini twists, followed by two stretches that should be done extremely slowly as the patient turns her head to look over her shoulder to complete the gentle spinal twist. #5 has three variations. The first is shown in the video. An alternate version has the patient lie down on her back and the helper moves behind and gently grasps the patient’s head placing the middle fingers in the occipital lobes and then gently pulls the head towards the helper. The third variation is without a helper, the patient lays back on a gym ball for one minute.
- After completing the five steps, ask the patient to re-evaluate her pain. In all likelihood, the pain will be reduced to half of the previous number. In this case, simply repeat the five techniques until the pain level reaches zero. If you have any trouble, call me…
If you need additional help: If you try the above and for whatever reason do not get the results that you were expecting (pain reduced to zero), you are welcome to call me at any time +1 519 997 4443 and I will guide you through it over the phone free of charge. Or you can call or write to my Telegram or WhatsApp +507 6676 8111. Your feedback may help me to improve these instructions, thereby helping to alleviate the needless suffering of other migraineurs.
The human body is capable of lethal force. This page is about self-defence. It is always best to avoid fighting. If you are ever required to fight, you had better be well-trained first.
Our founder trained for more than two decades, along with world-champion mixed martial artists, under Grand Master Albert Mady. Visitors to our center can learn basic self-defense training from our founder but are encouraged to seek training directly from Grand Master Mady if possible.
In a streetfight, you don’t get to wear pads, and there is no referee to keep things fair, nor cage to hold back extra attackers. Grappling is a spectator sport, next to useless in self-defence. Grand Master Mady teaches that it is best to learn to protect yourself without pads or gloves, and without gimmicks like rings and cages. He teaches the use of a Makiwara board, AKA a punching stick. Using the Makiwara board you learn to punch perfectly every time. One correct punch can save you from harm. One incorrect punch can break your own hand. Only after mastering the punching stick should one attempt to punch a sand-filled heavy bag as shown in the video above. Beginners should always seek training before attempting any martial arts moves.
Our healthy version of an Italian classic. If Nonna knew the harm animal products do, she would have made her lasagna like this: layers of flat noodles, fresh tomatoes, sauteed onion, plant-based cheese, lovingly homemade sauce and fine aromatic herbs on top. We used purple basil, rosemary and oregano flowers.
The Altos de Campana National Park is the only place in the world where the famous golden frog, Panama’s national symbol, can still live in its natural habitat.